- JJW Hotels & Resorts
- Offers & Packages
- Meetings & Events
- For Business
- Contact Us
The Scotsman Hotel
5 Star Luxury Boutique Hotel in Edinburgh20 North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1TR. UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 556 5565 - Fax: +44 (0)131 652 3652 - Email
Visit Hotel Website
The Scotsman Boutique Hotel in Edinburgh
Luxury 5 star boutique hotel in the heart of Edinburgh
The Scotsman Hotel, resides within the former Scotsman Newspaper building. Originally built in 1905, this majestic building was designed to dominate the Edinburgh skyline and features incredible views of the city´s most famous landmarks. In 2001 the building was transformed into The Scotsman Hotel with careful attention towards preserving the magnificent Italian marble staircase, stunning oak panelling, imposing marble pillars and ornate ceilings.
Originally the reception room of the newspaper, our North Bridge Bar and Brasserie features the original oak panelling, a hand carved wooden balcony and imposing marble pillars. The seating area is split into two levels with the balcony offering quieter, intimate seating, with a birds-eye-view below to the buzzing main restaurant and cocktail bar.
The newspaper held its giant printing presses in the lower ground floor. The press room now houses our Scotsman Health Club and Spa with a vast state of the art gym. Popular with locals and hotel guests alike. Facilities include a steel swimming pool, steam and sauna, tropicarium, 60-station gym, spa treatment rooms and a relaxation suite.
With no two alike, our 69 rooms and suites each have their own quirky features including curved corner window bays with breathtaking views and marble bathrooms and as a guest at The luxury 5 star Scotsman you will enjoy free Wi-Fi access and a complimentary Scotsman Newspaper.
Our private screening room complete with sumptuous leather seating is available for hire, be it for fun occasions or that all important presentation or product launch. Contact our conference and banqueting team to discuss the many options this and our other meeting and events rooms have to offer.
Boutique Hotel Rooms in Edinburgh
Individually designed 5 star hotel rooms in Edinburgh at The
When converting the newspaper printing house into a luxury boutique hotel, care was taken to keep all the original architectural features and layout intact. As a result, no two rooms are alike and each bedroom at The Scotsman is individually designed to offer a unique experience with every visit... and making it on of the finest luxury hotels Edinburgh has to offer.
The following complimentary services are extended to all our guests:
- Access to the Scotsman Spa and Health Club
- 24 hours Wi-Fi access in all bedrooms and public areas
- Use of the Hotel's Vermillion Lounge to relax and unwind
- The Scotsman newspaper delivered daily
- Evening turndown service with mineral water
- Use of our Vermillion Business Centre
Royal Mile Boutique Hotel in Edinburgh Old Town
Award Winning Restaurant & Bar in Edinburgh
North Bridge Brasserie & Bar is a fusion of grand Victorian architecture, dramatic interiors and contemporary styling.
Built over 100 years ago, the building was the former offices of The Scotsman newspaper. The restaurant has been cleverly converted from the newspaper's old reception hall where traders and merchants would buy copies of the newspaper, or place their local advertising.
Executive Head Chef, Paul Hart serves modern Scottish cuisine with seasonal menus focusing on ingredients of the highest quality. Using local produce and suppliers Paul showcases Scotland's abundant larder.
Signature dishes include:
Scotsman style 'Haggis, Neeps and Tatties' with a Glenfiddich single malt whisky jelly
Hot chocolate mousse with toasted marshmallow ice cream and crunchy milk rocks
For further information or to book a table please visit: www.northbridgebrasserie.com
Boutique Hotel Breaks in Edinburgh
5 star breaks and luxury hotel packages at The Scotsman
At The Scotsman we know we have an offer to meet your every need; are you looking for somewhere to celebrate that special occasion, time away with your friends and some relaxtion, a romantic surprise for your loved one or simply looking for the best deal possible.
We can offer you all of this in the elegance of our stunning building and our luxurious rooms and suites. Our Brasserie and Spa add the perfect extras to our already unbeatable packages. If you can't see exactly what you are looking for below please contact our reservations team and we will be more than happy to discuss this with you.
Prices & Reservations
You can check prices, make reservations, make adjustments to existing bookings or cancel your booking using the online booking facility.
The Scotsman Luxury Hotel Gift Vouchers
Looking for a gift? Give to others with a The Scotsman Gift Certificate. With plenty of short weekend breaks in Edinburgh and spa treatments to select from.
- Edinburgh Tattoo Enjoy a superb one night break with us including dinner and fanastic seats for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. The Tattoo is reknowned worldwide and a must-see part of the August festivals. Running from 2nd to 24th August 2013 this amazing show of entertainment and music sits against the majestic backdrop of Edinburgh Castle.
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman HotelThe Scotsman Hotel is proud to be able to offer a selection of three outstanding tours for those looking to get the most out of their Edinburgh stay. Experience the history of old Edinburgh; revel in the spooky vaults of the Old Town; or discover the intimate secrets of the famous Royal Mile. All this, plus a five-star stay for two in our luxury hotel.
- Half Term Getaway: Kids Stay for FreeChildren aged 12 (and under) stay - and eat - for free when you book a half-term getaway at Edinburgh’s Scotsman Hotel... and with all the shops, sights and attractions right on our doorstep; along with our state of the art spa, gym, swimming pool and a host of other amenities... you and your family certainly won't be short of things to do.
- Loch Ness ExplorerExperience the magic of Scotland with this outstanding tour and luxury stay offer. Enjoy two nights of boutique luxury; including all the trappings of our in-house spa, a three course gourmet meal for two in the North Bridge Brasserie... along with a look at traditional Scotland on this once in a lifetime tour.
- Dinner, Bed & BreakfastExperience the beauty of Edinburgh in May and enjoy dinner, bed and breakfast at the Scotsman Hotel. This exclusive offer is only available throughout the month of May, so if you're looking to be in Edinburgh for business or pleasure, take advantage of this great offer today.
- Sunday SpecialWhether rounding off a busy week of meetings, sight seeing, or just taking some time out before the week ahead; Sunday's at The Scotsman are sensational. Enjoy a one night stay, including Champagne in your room, a fantastic dinner in our Brasserie and much more.
- Celebration TimeWhatever your reason to celebrate; whether it be an anniversary, birthday or that special surprise proposal for your loved one... why not do it in five-star style at The Scotsman Hotel? Come and indulge your self in a luxury two night stay... and leave with a collection of memories that will last you a lifetime.
- Romance PackageLet us show you and your partner the romantic highs of Edinburgh with this luxury overnight break for two. Experience the finest Champagne, homemade chocolates… and some of the finest cuisine in the city – all served up in exclusive 5-star fashion at our Baroque hotel in Edinburgh’s stunning city centre.
- Bed and BreakfastIf you looking for a superb rate for a luxury bed and breakfast weekend or week day break away then this excellent offer is perfect for you and your family and friends. Enjoy a fantastic full Scottish breakfast following a stay in one of our beautiful rooms or suites, perhaps even treat yourselves to breakfast in bed - Scotsman Style!
- Two Night Spa ExperienceTwo fantastic days and nights in Edinburgh, including: dinner in the award winning North Bridge Brasserie, a traditional Scottish breakfast every morning and a selection of treatments in our state of the art Spa. If you’re looking to explore the sights of Edinburgh… then relax in luxury every evening, this is the perfect package for you.
The Scotsman Hotel Photo Gallery
Browse our selection of 5 star Edinburgh hotel images of The
The Scotsman photos, Edinburgh luxury hotel photos, Edinburgh accommodation photos, hotel room photos, hotel restaurant photos, meeting, conference & seminar venue photos, local Edinburgh attractions photos and photos of Edinburgh.
The Scotsman, Boutique Hotel in Edinburgh
Rooms & Suites at The Scotsman in Edinburgh
Publishers & Director Suites
Meeting & Events Venues at The Scotsman in Edinburgh
The Screening Room
North Bridge Brasserie at The Scotsman Hotel
Scotsman Spa & Health Club
Meeting Rooms, Conferences & Events in Edinburgh
Day Delegate Rates From as Little as £35 per person*
Here at The Scotsman Hotel we have eight function and conference rooms available for hire. Book your one to one meetings in our original Scotsman Boardroom or host 150 guests for a drinks reception in our stunning North Bridge Brasserie.
Summer Special Offer: £35 per person*
For a limited period, we are offering a day delegate rate of just £35 per person, including:
- Three servings of tea and coffee p/p,
- Working buffet lunch or two course lunch in our North Bridge Brasserie
- Use of LCD projector and screen
- Free wi-fi, stationery and room hire.
As an extra bonus... if you book for two or more days in a row, you and your delegates* will receive a complimentary house wine drinks reception and a goody bag.
Special May Marathon Meeting Package - £45*
If you're looking for an energising, uplifting, team building experience this May, our Marathon package is just for you.
- Healthy eating menus of a buffet lunch or two course lunch in our North Bridge Brasserie
- Personal trainers for Energiser Sessions
- Three servings of tea or coffee p/p
- Free wi-fi, stationery and room hire.
- Use of LCD projector and screen
Contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 131 556 5565 to find out more... or book your event.
Multi-use Suites, Rooms and Breakout Areas
With 12 different possible combinations, the events facilities at The Scotsman Hotel provide many different options for any event of any size: from private dining to corporate events; weddings and civil ceremonies; birthday parties and anniversaries; incentive groups, conferences, exhibitions and product launches; training sessions and seminars; Hen and Stag parties and weekends.
*Minimum of ten delegates required
Contact The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
Remember, the best room prices are available by booking direct
with the hotel!
The Scotsman Hotel
20 North Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1TR, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 556 5565 - Fax: +44 (0)131 652 3652
|Hotel Reception & Reservations||+44 (0)131 556 5565|
|Scotsman Concierge Team||+44 (0)131 556 5565|
|Corporate & Business Travel at The Scotsman||+44 (0)131 556 5565|
|Group Rates & Reservations at The Scotsman||+44 (0)131 556 5565|
|Travel Agents & Tour Operators||+44 (0)131 556 5565|
|The Scotsman Hotel Press
& Public Relations
||+44(0)131 556 5565||
The Scotsman Hotel Location Map, Streetview & Travel Directions
Find our boutique hotel in Edinburgh using our hotel location map and Google Streetview. Please read our travel directions to The Scotsman Hotel for guests travelling to Edinburgh by air, road, train or bus. You can also download The Scotsman Hotel Sat Nav GPS Files to help you find The Scotsman Hotel if you are travelling to Edinburgh by road.
The Scotsman Hotel Press & Media Information
Further facts and background press and media information is available about The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh. Find out about The Scotsman Hotel film and photoshoot policy and service. Photos of The Scotsman Hotel are also available to download from our media library.
- Edinburgh Tattoo
Edinburgh Tattoo with the Scotsman Hotel
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Half Term Getaway: Kids Stay for Free
Kids Stay for Free During Half-Term at the Scotsman
- Loch Ness Explorer
Two Nights at The Scotsman & a Trip to Loch Ness
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast in Edinburgh
- March 31st 2013 Wedding Fayre
- Wine Tasting Dinner - 25th April
- The Scotsman Hotel: Gluten Free Afternoon Tea
- Monday Supper Club by Paul Hart
- Executive Head Chef Paul Hart: Christmas Demos
- Burns Night Supper at the North Bridge Brasserie
- Valentines Dinner by Paul Hart
- World Whisky Day at the Scotsman Hotel 17th - 19th May
- Champagne Afternoon Tea at the North Bridge Brasserie