- JJW Hotels & Resorts
- Offers & Packages
- Meetings & Events
- For Business
- Contact Us
Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
5 Star Hotel & Golf ResortEN 125 - Penina, Portimao, Algarve, 8501-952. Portugal
Tel: +351 282 420 200 - Fax: +351 282 420 300 - Email
Visit Hotel Website
Penina Golf Resort
The Home of Luxury Golf in the Algarve
Voted Portugal's Leading Golf Resort by the World Travel Awards, Penina Hotel & Golf Resort is the glittering jewel in the Algarve's crown. The resort, located in 360 stunning acres of perfect grounds, offers guests the choice of three on-site golf courses... and is regarded by many as the spiritual home of golf in the Algarve.
The Penina Hotel & Golf Resort boasts a selection of 188 traditionally designed and decorated rooms and suites - all of which enjoy spectacular wi-fi coverage... as do all public and common areas.
Golf Breaks & Family Holidays in the Algarve
In addition to the three spectacular golf courses at Penina, we are also pleased to offer you the most expansive selection of amenities and entertainment available anywhere in the Algarve.
So, whether you are here for a stunning golfing getaway in the Algarve, or simply here to relax in the beautiful Portuguese sunshine with your family... Penina Hotel & Golf Resort is here to meet all your luxury needs.
Relax by the pool, take a drink in our beach bar or enjoy one of the many first-rate restaurants and watering holes that can be found in the extensive grounds of our luxury golf hotel and resort.
Golf at Penina Golf Resort
Penina Golf Resort: The Home of Golf in the Algarve
Positioned in the western Algarve, Penina Golf Resort is widely renowned as the true home of Portuguese golf. This is the only resort in Portugal to offer three golf courses... one of which, The Sir Henry Cotton Championship Course, is the first 18 hole course to have been constructed in the Algarve - and is legendary for some of the finest and most challenging golf in the world.
Set in a stunning 360 acre estate, amidst an impressive array of natural landscape surroundings, the Penina Golf Resort has been voted Portugal's Leading Golf Resort by the World Travel Awards... whilst the marquee Sir Henry Cotton Championship Course has hosted 10 Portuguese Opens and scores of other prestigious tournaments.
Cotton Championship Course
Known as one of the most challenging - and satisfying - courses in the whole of Portugal, this marquee course is as unforgiving as it is beautiful. Flanked by streams, ditches and water hazards, the course is maintained to the highest standard... and boasts an extensive array of subtle slopes, elevated greens and breathtaking scenery.
Weaving its way through the fairways of the Championship Course, this executive 9-hole course has been specifically designed for the intermediate golfer. Great for all-round holiday golf and a very enjoyable round. With reasonable short greens, accuracy off the tee, along with approach shots, provide all players a chance to practice their short game with aplomb.
A great combination course that provides 9 holes of solid, but gentle, practice for beginners... as well as 18 holes of challenging golf for the more seasoned player. With 18 well thought out holes, this course follows the principles laid down by the father of Portuguese golf, Sir Henry Cotton: the perfect course for golfers of every level and ability.
Boasting 3 PGA professionals, the Penina Golf Academy provides a one-stop golf clinic designed to meet your needs. The Academy also boasts a state of the art driving range, considered one of the best in Europe, that caters for up to 70 golfers and includes 12 covered practice bays. Whether you're a grizzled vet or budding novice... our Academy will improve your game.
Facilities & Services at Penina Golf Resort
In addition to the three spectacular golf courses at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort, we are pleased to be able to offer you the most expansive selection of amenities and entertainment available anywhere in the Algarve.
Full List of all Entertainment Amenities & Services:
- Floodlit Outdoor Tennis
- Largest Private Outdoor Non-Heated Pool in the Algarve*
- Academy Golf Course
- Jogging Track
- Resort Golf Course
- Complimentary 24-Hour Fitness Facility
- Golf Pro Shop
- Outdoor Non-Heated Children's Pool
- Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf course
- Driving Range
- Putting Green
- Tennis Lessons
- Tennis Pro
- Bicycle Rental
- Massage Treatments
- Golf Lessons
- Preferred Green Fees at Other Courses
* Pool closed from November to February for seasonal maintenance. Sunbathing area opened on request.
Rooms & Suites at Penina Golf Resort
The Finest Rooms & Suites in the Algarve
Penina Golf Resort is proud to offer the an outstanding selection of rooms and suites, in this stunning Algarve golf resort. Enjoy the golf of your life, sun yourself by the pool, indulge yourself in the spa, dine in the finest restaurants... and then retire for a night of ultimate relaxation in outstanding surroundings.
Penina Golf Resort's Selection of Luxury Rooms & Suites
Spread over 4 stunning floors, all Classic Rooms offer spectacular views of the resort and the stunning Monchique countryside. All have been very recently renovated and deliver modern, contemporary design, whilst giving a nod to traditional Portuguese style and luxury.
|Pool View Rooms
All Pool View Rooms offer splendid views of the pool and across our golf courses. Benefitting from a stunning recent refurbishment, all of these rooms have been decorated to the highest possible standards of taste and luxury... combining contemporary chic with traditional Portuguese style.
Located exclusively on the 4th floor, Executive Studio Rooms offer stunning panoramic views of the pool and our Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course - the oldest golf course in the Algarve. Extensively - and recently - renovated, all rooms deliver contemporary designs with traditional Portuguese flair.
The Family rooms at Penina Golf Resort are the perfect way to enjoy an outstanding family vacation with the ones you love. They come with 2 separate bedrooms, both complete with private balconies, offering either poolside and golf course or Monchique countryside views. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary style, whilst retaining a traditional Portuguese charm.
The Junior Suites at Penina Golf Resort offers a spacious living area, with modern trappings and the latest in luxury furnishings. The 2 private balconies reveal panoramic views of the pool and the Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course. Here the modern, contemporary furnishings are complimented by traditional Portuguese style and ambience.
With a stunning walk in entrance, expansive living space - with contemporary sofa seating, coffee table and a dining area for up to 8 people - the Grand Suites at Penina Golf Resort are the height of luxury and good taste... whilst the beautiful oversized balconies offer stunning views of the resort and the Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course.
Meeting & Events at Penina Golf Resort
Five Star Corporate Events in the Algarve
At Penina Hotel & Golf Resort, we're serious about the success of your next corporate event, team building exercise or conference.
Whether you're looking to hold an intimate corporate retreat, a grandiose gathering, or a golf getaway with colleagues... we have the facilities and expertise to ensure your event goes off without a hitch.
Contact the hotel on Tel : +351 282 420200 or email email@example.com to learn more.
Meetings and Conventions
One of the best places to conduct business, take part in team building exercises, or simply enjoy a corporate retreat is on the golf course. Here at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort, we have 3 of the finest courses in the Algarve and a state of the art Golf Academy.
We can offer you the chance to play on the oldest and most prestigious course in the Algarve, the Sir Henry Cotton Championship Course... built by the legend himself and host to 10 Portuguese Opens.
Bring your next work event to our Golf Resort and your business will certainly feel like pleasure... as we'll ensure the satisfaction and comfort of all your clients, guests or delegates.
The Latest Stunning Offers & Packages from Penina Hotel & Golf Resort...
- 7 Night Family Package: Pay For 5 Nights Stay For 7BOOK BEFORE 30TH APRIL 2015 TO PAY FOR 5 NIGHTS AND STAY FOR 7 (between 01/06/15 - 24/08/15). PRICES FROM €940. Family package available for stays between 22nd March and 31st October 2015. CHILDREN EAT FREE.
- Penina Golf Week 2015Penina Golf Week returns in April 2015. In addition to multiple days of competitive golf, we have packages available for both those of you staying at Penina during at the week and those just visiting for the excellent golf on offer.
- Best Rate Guaranteed: From €76Five-star Bed & Breakfast at the Penina Hotel & Golf Resort. This Best Guaranteed Rate cannot be found cheaper anywhere else online. Book Directly with this Website for the Best Possible Deal Available.
- Golf, Bed & Breakfast From €98Enjoy a stunning golf break at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort and play at one of our world famous courses. Offer includes 1 round of golf per day, buffet breakfast and a night’s stay in your chosen room type. Prices start from just €98 per night.
- 5 Rounds of Golf, 7 Nights Board - From €109 per nightChampionship golf doesn’t get much better than the Sir Henry Cotton Course. Enjoy a 7 night stay and 5 rounds of breathtaking golf for a fantastic price. Join us at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort and experience the majesty of the Algarve’s golfing past… and the championship match play of its future. Prices start at just €109 per night.
- Wine & Cycling in the AlgarveAvailable for parties of for or more, this adventurous Wine & Cycling Package will see you hurtling through some of the most picturesque scenery in the world. Bolt down mountains and peaks… traverse stunning wilderness, and experience an Algarve few get to see. Rates start from just €96 per person per night.
The latest media and imagery from the 5-star Penina Hotel & Golf Resort in the Algarve.
Restaurants & Bars at Penina Golf Resort
Penina Golf Resort is proud to offer its guests a selection of six first-rate restaurants and bars, ranging from fine dining and international gourmet cuisine, to quirky beach bars and a traditional 19th Hole.
Sagres Restaurant, the main restaurant in the hotel, provides a dazzling array of buffet breakfasts and exquisitely themed buffet dinners. Guests can enjoy indoor dining, or repair to the patio, where the refined regional specialties find a perfect partner in the calming breeze of the Algarve.
Le Grill is an exclusive fine dining restaurant located at Penina Golf Resort. Guests can enjoy specialty Portuguese dinners as well as gourmet international cuisine. This à la carte dining experience is the perfect romantic setting for a special night... and has a reputation as one of the finest restaurants in the area.
This seasonal à la carte Italian restaurant is renowned for delighting guests with an eclectic selection of traditional cuisine. You will be hard pressed to find a better Italian meal outside of the old country... and the carefully selected menu guarantees culinary satisfaction.
|Sir Henry Cotton
The Sir Henry Cotton Club is the perfect place to grab a light meal, snack or drink... particularly after an excellent round of golf. This is a traditional golf bar, with a healthy onus on watching an array of sporting events from around the world - and a grand place to unwind with a soothing gin & tonic.
Once the summer months arrive, Dunas Beach Restaurant opens its doors up onto the cool Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy a rolling expanse of brilliant blue, and a fine selection of light bites and snacks: The perfect place to relax and enjoy an array of picturesque surroundings.
Whatever you've filled your day with, be it golf, lounging by the pool, shopping, or exploring the stunning Portuguese countryside... one thing you can rely on is the welcoming atmosphere of Bar Monchique. Great cocktails, live music and a welcoming atmosphere combine to ensure you always have the night of your life.
Remember, the best prices are only available by booking directly with the hotel
The best hotel room price is always offered by the hotel, so do not hesitate to contact us directly for a quotation, or to request additional services... or with any other questions you may have.
Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
Po Box 146, Penina, Portimao, 8501-952, Portugal
Tel: +351 282 420200 | Fax: +351 282 420 300 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reservations Department||+351 282 420200||Email Us||Enquiries|
|Groups Department||+351 282 420200||Email Us||Enquiries|
|Travel Agents & Tour Operators||+351 282 420200||Email Us||Enquiries|
|Marketing, Press & Public Relations||+351 282 420200||Email Us||Enquiries|
|Human Resources Department||+351 282 420200||Email Us||Enquiries|
To ensure a high standard guest experience, our commitment is to answer all requests within a maximum of 48 hours. However, during high seasons requests or enquiries may occasionally take up to 72 hours.
- 7 Night Family Package: Pay For 5 Nights Stay For 7
7 Night Family Package in the Algarve: Stay 7 Nights Pay For 5
- Penina Golf Week 2015
A Week of Friendly Competition on our Iconic Championship Course
- Best Rate Guaranteed: From €76
Best Rate Guaranteed: Bed & Breakfast - From €76
- Golf, Bed & Breakfast From €98
Golf, Bed & Breakfast - From €98 per Night
- 5 Rounds of Golf, 7 Nights Board - From €109 per night
5 Rounds in 7 Days - Book Directly for the Best Possible Rate
- Golf Holidays in the Algarve
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Football in the Algarve and Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- The Portugal Masters October 2013 in the Algarve
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort - 47th Anniversary
- Algarve St Andrew's Ball at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
- Winter Golf in the Algarve
- Best Available Online Rates with Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort: Top Clean Award 2013
- Fine Dining with Paired Wines: 21st February 2014 at 8.15pm
- Christmas and New Year Celebrations With Penina Resort
- Golf Competitions and Events This Festive Season at Penina
- Wine Tasting in the Algarve with Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- Exclusive Golf Tournament - Sir Henry Cotton Trophy: Saturday 31st May
- Food and Wine Pairing Dinner: May 29th at 20:15
- Dunas Beach Restaurant opens for the summer
- David Hasselhoff Enjoys a Relaxing Stay at Penina
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Receives 2014 Ceritificate of Excellence
- Five-Star Fun for the Entire Family
- Fine Wine and Local Food Pairing Dinner at Le Grill on 4th of July 2014
- Penina’s Charity & Golf Event
- Charity Event at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
- Christmas 2014 at Penina
- Penina Golf Week Returns for 2015
- January Fine Dining and Wine Pairing Evening
- February Wine Pairing Dinner