- JJW Hotels & Resorts
- Offers & Packages
- Meetings & Events
- For Business
- Contact Us
Hotel Balzac Paris
Paris Champs-Elysées 5* Hotel6, rue Balzac, Paris, 75008. France
Tel: +33 1 44 35 18 00 - Fax: +33 1 44 35 18 05 - Email
Visit Hotel Website
Boutique Luxury Five Star Luxury Hotel in Paris
Honoré de Balzac & Our 5 Star Boutique Hotel
Built for the director of the Paris Opera in the 19th century and once home to the celebrated French writer Honoré de Balzac himself, the hotel is reminiscent of town houses of that period.
Shining Example of Parisian Chic
Still a haven of peace and a shining example of Parisian chic, the luxury Paris hotel, Hotel Balzac, is a blend of the elegant and the modern - an aesthetic feat deftly carried out by an interior designer who re-worked the sumptuous neo-classical decor with precious, vibrant tones.
The luxury Balzac Hotel invites you to share in its elegance and French 'art de vivre', which is teamed with a personalised service provided by several 'Golden Key' concierges and the latest in modern technologies.
The Spirit of Honoré de Balzac
The history of luxury Hotel Balzac reads like a novel. In the beginning of the 19th century, French banker Nicolas Beaujon commissioned the architect Nicolas-Claude Girardin to create a 'folie' for him on the considerable land attached to his principal residence. The result was a pleasure palace built at the intersection of the present day rue Beaujon and rue Balzac and known as 'La Folie Beaujon'.
This 'folie' was regarded by contemporaries as extraordinary and was built in an exotic style with a large central pavilion anchoring four attached apartments.
After Nicolas Beaujon's death, this well-known establishment evolved and changed hands several times before becoming home to a 'salon' for epicureans and champagne lovers.
Honoré de Balzac was enchanted by its atmosphere and in 1846
acquired the property to give to Countess Ewelina Hanska, who he
married in May 1850. He spent his last days in the house and
died a few months later without ever having paid the purchase
Balzac is regarded as one of the founders of realism in European literature who wrote almost 100 novels and plays collectively entitled 'La Comédie Humaine', which presents a panorama of French life in the years after the fall of Napoleon Bonaparte in 1815.
His writing influenced many famous authors, including the novelists Marcel Proust, Émile Zola, Charles Dickens, Gustave Flaubert, Marie Corelli, Henry James, Jack Kerouac, and Italo Calvino as well as important philosophers such as Friedrich Engels. Many of Balzac's works have been made into films, and they continue to inspire other writers.
Balzac's spirit lives on in the luxury hotel where collections of antique books as well as lithographs depicting the writer, and scenes from his work can be found.
Paris Champs-Elysées Boutique Luxury Hotel
Hotel Bar & Lounge in Paris Champs-Elysées
Exclusive Lounge Bar Atmosphere
The dining and drawing room areas of the Hotel Balzac restaurant and bar are lit with natural light that pours in from the glass ceilinged atrium, behind which a beautiful hanging garden forms the backdrop.
The atmosphere is elegant and intimate... and is complimented perfectly by its long black granite bar, high stools, dark velvet upholstery and soft lighting. The Lounge Bar is furnished with floral compositions and plum-coloured sofas.
This exclusive atmosphere makes the lounge bar at luxury Hotel Balzac Paris a perfect place to meet for breakfast, lunch, supper or even a cocktail... any day of the week, from 7 am to 11 pm.
Boutique Luxury Hotel Accommodation in Paris
Central Paris Accommodation & Eiffel Tower Views
The 13 suites and 56 rooms at Hotel Balzac are decorated using refined colour combinations. The sublime tones, soft lighting, luxurious materials and state-of-the-art technologies (LCD televisions, cable TV, DVD player (on request), Internet access make each room and suite at Hotel Balzac in Paris an exceptional setting.
Views of the Eiffel Tower and Paris
The Royal Suite has a terrace with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower and Paris, while the adjacent Presidential Suite is appreciated for its warm, intimate decor.
Breathtaking Paris Rooftop Penthouse
Those who really want to have it all can reserve the entire luxury top floor and have use of both the Hotel Balzac Royal and Presidential suites. Together the combined Royal suite and Presidential suite offer 3 bedrooms, dining room and a large terrace, for an unforgettable experience.
Disabled Friendly Facilities
Hotel Balzac features 3 disabled friendly rooms for one or two guests and specific equipments (on request) such as phone, alarm clock, TV remote and wheel chair.
- 24h Room Service
- Car valet
- Private Parking (23 €)
- Business Corner
- Children Play Room
Paris City Guide, Tourism & Travel
Deluxe Hotel in Central Paris
Hotel Balzac in Paris is located just a short walk from the Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. After opening its doors in July 2007 after an extensive renovation programme, Hotel Balzac is one of the most extraordinary luxury hotels in Paris Champs-Elysées.
Paris Relaxation & Leisure
When it's time to relax, take advantage of the famous Payot SPA, situated around the corner from the Hotel Balzac. It offers a range of services such as massages, a fitness room and pool as well as a relaxation room. The Payot is the most recent of Paris's luxury Spa's.
Paris Tourism & Activities
- Grand Palais
- Musée de l'Orangerie
- Château de Vaux le Vicomte
- Musée du Louvre
- Musée d'Orsay
- Centre National d'Art et de Culture Georges Pompidou (CNAC)
- Arc de Triomphe
- Avenue des Champs-Elysées
- Basilique du Sacré Cœur de Montmartre
- Tour Eiffel
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
- Opéra de Paris
- Château de Versailles
Please ask the Hotel Balzac concierge for more information about all of the above.
Paris Hotel Offers at Hôtel Balzac
Special Offers & Exclusive Holiday Deals in Paris
The best rates for stays at Hotel Balzac can only be obtained by booking directly from this website.
- VIP Business Traveller OfferEnjoy a two-night VIP Business Traveller package at Hotel Balzac this winter. Stay on Sunday and Monday and receive 20% discount on your first night’s stay in a Superior Room, free valet parking during your stay and a top-class VIP welcome upon your arrival.
- Winter in Paris OfferExperience the breath-taking spectacle of Paris in winter. Stroll along the tree-lined streets of the Champs-Élysées or visit one of the many Christmas markets, all while staying at the five-star Hotel Balzac. Available from 21st December to 20th March, from as little as €286 per room per night.
- Luxury Weekend Breaks in ParisBook a 2 or 3 day Paris weekend break at Hotel Balzac and benefit from up to 25% OFF on Sunday night! Buffet breakfast, valet service and parking included. Prices from just €214 per night.
- Love is the WordIf you’re looking for the perfect romantic getaway, in the ideal location, at one of the finest hotels in the world… look no further than Hotel Balzac’s luxury "Love is the Word" Special Offer. You will not be disappointed.
- Best Available RateBook your Champs-Elysées hotel accommodation the luxurious Hotel Balzac Paris and take advantage of our Best Available Rates to guarantee you the best price available for your stay in Paris.
- Early BirdSecure your room at an unbeatable rate by booking early! Be rewarded up to 10% off on our best available rate!
- Jeff Koons Exhibition February OfferSee the amazing work of one of modern art’s living legends Jeff Koons at the Centre Pompidou with our latest offer. Available from the 1st February to the 31st March, you’ll receive free tickets for the exhibition as part of a five-star Paris city break. All of this is available from as little as €305 per room per night.
- Fondation Louis Vuitton PackageVisit Paris’ newest attraction, the Fondation Louis Vuitton, a gallery nestled in the leafy Bois de Boulogne. With Hotel Balzac’s new offer, you can visit the gallery for free and enjoy a five-star visit to Paris. This package is available between the 1st and 31st March from just €330 per room per night.
- Paris in Spring OfferExperience Paris in the springtime with our new offer at five-star Hotel Balzac. Available 21st – 31st March and 1st May – 20th June, this offer includes accommodation in an elegant Superior Room, VIP set up, free valet parking and much more. Get this package from as little as €288 per room per night.
- Easter on the Champs ElyseesExperience a luxury getaway in Paris this Easter weekend. Perfect for an intimate weekend of romance… or a stunning family trip. Rates start from just 384 EUR per night.
- Velasquez Exhibition OfferVisit Paris for a five-star city break, along with two free tickets to one of the city’s best new exhibitions, which is all about the Spanish painter Diego Velasquez. This package is available between the 25th March and 30th April, from just €302 per room per night.
- 2015 Paris Marathon OfferIf you’re in Paris for the 2015 marathon, make sure you prepare and relax before your big run. Stay at the five-star Hotel Balzac and get up to 25% discount on one night of your stay, VIP welcome, and a hearty buffet breakfast. This offer is available from the 10th to 14th April from only €384 per room per night.
- Antonioni Exhibition OfferSee the work and legacy of one of Italy’s most famous filmmakers as part of an amazing trip to the French capital. This five-star offer is available between the 8th and 30th April from only €403 per room per night.
Hôtel Balzac Photo Gallery
Paris Luxury Hotel: Photos of Hotel Balzac Paris
An extensive collection of photos and images from the luxury Hotel Balzac, located just off the Champs Elysees in the heart of the city.
Meeting Rooms, Conferences & Events in Paris
Byron Event Room on Champs Elysées
Two VIP conference and meeting room is available at Hotel Balzac Paris which can accommodate between 6 and 10 guests or delegates.
Exceptional Rooms for Business, Lunches & Private Dinners
Elegant, comfortable and equipped with state-of-the-art technologies (Wi-Fi Internet access, large flat sreen TV) Byron meeting room at Hotel Balzac in Paris was designed to provide an exceptional setting for business meetings.
Paris Luxury Business & Event Hotel
Located at the top of the Champs-Elysées, the Hotel Balzac is a 19th century mansion which has in recent years undergone a multi-million refurbishment program. This establishes this luxury property in Paris Champs-Elysées as one of the most exceptional landmark hotels in Paris.
Elegant & Vibrant Event Venue in Paris
Guests arriving at Hotel Balzac Paris will discover an elegant neo-classic decor with vibrant and warm colour schemes.
Contact Hôtel Balzac in Paris
Hotel Balzac Paris Contact Details
Address: Hotel Balzac Paris, 6 rue Balzac,
75008, Paris, France
Tel: +33 1 44 35 18 00 - Fax: +33 1 44 35 18 05
+33 1 44 35 18 00
+33 1 44 35 18 17
||+33 1 44 35 18 10||Enquiries|
|Group Rates &
||+33 1 42 99 80 32||Enquiries|
||+33 1 42 99 80 32||Enquiries|
|Travel Agents & Tour
||+33 1 42 99 80 25||Enquiries|
Email Enquiries to Hotel Balzac Paris
If you would like to contact Hotel Balzac Paris by email please use our online enquiry form. We will answer your enquiry as soon as is possible.
Hotel Balzac Location Map and Travel Directions
Please use our hotel location map & Google Streetview to find Hotel Balzac in Paris.
Detailed travel directions and transport options are available for guests travelling to Hotel Balzac in Paris by air, road, rail and local metro services.
- VIP Business Traveller Offer
20% Discount for Business Travellers at Hotel Balzac
- Winter in Paris Offer
Winter in Paris Offer
- Luxury Weekend Breaks in Paris
Get up to 25% OFF a Luxury Weekend in Paris
- Love is the Word
An Exquisite Romantic Offer from Hotel Balzac Paris
- Best Available Rate
The Best Available Rate at Hotel Balzac Paris
- Your Autumn Calendar of Parisian Culture
- Katsushika Hokusai Exhibition in Paris
- A Look at the New Louis Vuitton Foundation
- The Perfect Valentine's Break in Paris
- Jeff Koons Retrospective in Paris
- Pounding the Parisian Pavement - 2015 Paris Marathon
- Visit the Cinémathèque Franҫaise for the Upcoming Antonioni Exhibition
- Les Impressionnistes En Privé at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Shopping guide for Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
- Hotel Balzac Wins 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence